Mini Blueberry Muffins (Toddler Approved) by Fork and Beans
Bursting with blueberries and lightly sweetened, these Mini Blueberry Muffins will not only satisfy your toddler’s snack attack moments, but will also give you an energy boost as you chase them around the house.
*DINOSAURS NOT INCLUDED IN THIS MINI BLUEBERRY MUFFINS RECIPE. BUT, AS A WARNING, IF YOU BAKE THEM, THEY WILL COME.
I have oat flour listed here as the main flour for these muffins but if you do not have oat flour, nor do you want to buy an entire bag full, you can use whole wheat, white flour, or even your favorite gluten free flour mix. This is a totally substitutable recipe!
I’m not even kidding when I say that these are toddler-approved. I have Exhibit A below of my child devouring these mini blueberry muffins. Now, don’t get me wrong, he wasn’t always open to eating any food. It was as if once he turned 2 last month, a whole new world of food opened up to him. ALSO, it took an attempt or 2 for him to warm up to the idea of muffins. This toddler life is not for the weary, man…
Do not fret if your kid doesn’t take to these instantly. Just keep reintroducing them and take the pressure off yourself and your kid to be a “good” eater. Man, it’s hard enough being a parent, we don’t need more to worry about. You’re doing a GREAT job, mom and dad.
- 1 1/2 c. oat, whole wheat, white, or gluten free flour
- 1/2 c. coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 c. milk
- 1/4 c. oil
- 1/4 c. unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c. frozen mini blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Grease or line a mini muffin tin with liners.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Pour all of the wet ingredients (except frozen blueberries) into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Lightly coat the blueberries with flour until even (optional) so they won’t sink to the bottom.
- Fold in blueberries to the mix.
- Add to muffin tin until the batter fully reaches the top of each muffin liner.
- Bake for 12-15 min or until the tops of the muffins bounce back when gently touched.
- Allow to cool on a baking rack.