Cacao and peanut protein and superfood brownies
Cacao and peanut protein brownies come with a healthy punch from chlorella, cacao and maca. The superfoods included in our cacao and peanut blend make these brownies not only amazingly tasty but healthy too well healthier than shop bought sugar squares.
A serving of our blend added to this recipe also contains 17.5g of plant protein and it’s also high in fibre. Can be enjoyed as a healthy(ish) snack or any other time you fancy having a tasty treat.
Please eat our brownies responsibly we cannot be held accountable for how amazing they taste…
2 tablespoons of ground flax seed
6 tablespoons of warm water
250g vegan chocolate
120g melted vegan butter
210g coconut sugar
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
40g raw cacao powder
30g cacao & peanut superfood protein
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of salt
- turn on the oven to 180°c or 350°c it doesn’t matter which they are both the same anyway.
- mix the flaxseed and warm water very well in a small dish and leave to sit for at least 10 mins (this will create your flax egg) and turn slightly egg like in consistency.
- line a square baking dish 7/8inches with baking paper.
- take your chocolate and split it in half chopping half of it into small chunks around 1cm each but it doesn’t have to be exact. you could roughly chop it or smash it up with a rolling pin in a bag like we do that’s more fun.
- microwave your butter in a dish until melted.
- add the sugar and melted butter to a mixing bowl and whisk fully until smooth.
- melt your other half of the chocolate in a microwave and add to the mixing bowl along with your vanilla extract and the flax egg. whisk the mixture until well combined and smooth.
- now sieve in the flour, cacao powder, baking powder, protein and salt, fold into the mixing bowl until all ingredients are combined being careful not to over mix.
- now gently add the chocolate chunks from earlier stirring in and getting an even spread fo chocolate chunks.
- pour your mixture from the bowl into the baking tray and smooth the top so it looks nice and smooth.
- place into the oven and bake for 30-35 mins we usually check it after 30 mins because we are impatient, insert a knife if it comes out clean your ready.
- once ready leave to cool for at least 30 mins which is absolute torture the smell is incredible.
- once cooled and removed from the dish cut into 9 even squares and prepare to amaze people…enjoy!